Greg, 40, was born and grew up in Somerset and trained as a Doctor, with the objective of moving into General Practice. Married to Ravindar and with two young children he has taken time out of his career to stand in this election. Greg commented:
“Continuing with austerity cannot be justified. Cuts and pay freezes for the many, huge increases for shareholders, company executives and billionnaires while the national debt has increased under the Tories. I am campaigning for proper funding for all our public services, not the two-tier service – one for the rich and the other for the rest of us – that Tories like Liam Fox keep pushing for.
The Conservatives talk of strong and stable government, but look around you:
Look at local government being run on a shoestring, education and social services being cut back, care homes closing, libraries ‘co-located’, recycling centres reducing their hours.
- Look at the NHS – waiting times are shocking and increasing, and we are short of nurses and doctors. What happens when many of the EU nationals go home?
- Look at Brexit – we don’t know what will happen in the negotiations and Theresa May’s refusal to give details is not good enough. Look at what the ‘nasty’ Tories do (as Theresa May called them), not what they say.
- Look at the food banks – many people are not managing after years of pay cuts, whilst millionaires and billionaires get richer by the day’’
Notes for Editors:
Greg will be available for interviews over the next 5 weeks and will be out and about in North Somerset meeting constituents and discussing their issues and concerns.
North Somerset’s Constituency Labour party is thriving and expanding. Its membership now numbers in excess of 800 people with a further 400 affiliates and supporters who are all committed to the long-held and much valued objectives of the Labour Party for the benefit of our constituents in North Somerset. Namely:
- social justice
- a strong inclusive economy with high skills and high pay
- strong community and strong values
- reward for hard work
- rights matched by responsibilities
- looking after the young and old
Labour has only been in government for few periods of the 20th and 21st century. However its achievements, like the NHS and decent education for all, have improved the lives of the British people.
Tel: 07855 422560
E Mail: email@example.com