I’ve crammed Labour’s 124 page manifesto into 1 graphic. If you click on it, it automatically enlarges. Please consider sharing for others. pic.twitter.com/jxK5mVYY4p
— Labour Eoin (@ToryFibs) May 16, 2017
Greg, 40, was born and grew up in Somerset and trained as a Doctor, with the objective of moving into General Practice. Married to Ravindar and with two young children he has taken time out of his career to stand in this election. Greg commented:
“Continuing with austerity cannot be justified. Cuts and pay freezes for the many, huge increases for shareholders, company executives and billionnaires while the national debt has increased under the Tories. I am campaigning for proper funding for all our public services, not the two-tier service – one for the rich and the other for the rest of us – that Tories like Liam Fox keep pushing for.
The Conservatives talk of strong and stable government, but look around you:
Look at local government being run on a shoestring, education and social services being cut back, care homes closing, libraries ‘co-located’, recycling centres reducing their hours.
- Look at the NHS – waiting times are shocking and increasing, and we are short of nurses and doctors. What happens when many of the EU nationals go home?
- Look at Brexit – we don’t know what will happen in the negotiations and Theresa May’s refusal to give details is not good enough. Look at what the ‘nasty’ Tories do (as Theresa May called them), not what they say.
- Look at the food banks – many people are not managing after years of pay cuts, whilst millionaires and billionaires get richer by the day’’
Notes for Editors:
Greg will be available for interviews over the next 5 weeks and will be out and about in North Somerset meeting constituents and discussing their issues and concerns.
North Somerset’s Constituency Labour party is thriving and expanding. Its membership now numbers in excess of 800 people with a further 400 affiliates and supporters who are all committed to the long-held and much valued objectives of the Labour Party for the benefit of our constituents in North Somerset. Namely:
- social justice
- a strong inclusive economy with high skills and high pay
- strong community and strong values
- reward for hard work
- rights matched by responsibilities
- looking after the young and old
Labour has only been in government for few periods of the 20th and 21st century. However its achievements, like the NHS and decent education for all, have improved the lives of the British people.
Tel: 07855 422560
E Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- https://events.labour.org.uk/event/38612 – Sunday Market in Clevedon – 10am-2pm
- https://events.labour.org.uk/event/38605 – Saturday in Yatton – 11am-1pm
- https://events.labour.org.uk/event/38607 – Saturday in Clevedon – 11am-1pm
- https://events.labour.org.uk/event/38610 – Saturday in Portishead – 11am-1pm
- https://events.labour.org.uk/event/38611 – Saturday in Nailsea – 11am-1pm
- https://events.labour.org.uk/event/38604 – Saturday in Pill – 11am-1pm
We had a fantastic reception last week so do come along and say hello, tell us how you’d like to help or visit this page to keep up-to-date about what we’re up to.
I believe that the measure of a society is how it treats its vulnerable, and I don’t like what the government is saying about Britain, that public services can glibly be cut, against all the evidence that shows what a false economy it is and how people suffer as a result. I believe that a nation’s greatest assets are its people, and we need not to shy away from supporting and training people throughout their life. I believe in the principle of free and equal education, not abandoning and writing off schools because of league table results. I believe in listening to the people; not shouting them down, accepting where their concerns are legitimate and challenging where needed. I believe in a kinder, gentler, more collegiate politics with more to it than deceptive soundbites, transparent with the people. I believe in a Leader who can’t be bought, and a Party which fights for equality and fairness. I believe in Our Party, the Labour Party.