“I’m Sophie Davies and I’m your Labour Party candidate for the Portishead East election on 6th May
From Grenfell to Greensill local communities have paid the price of Conservative led governments.
The pandemic has shown the best of our local communities and key workers to help each other, care for the vulnerable and maintain public services. This is in stark contrast to the cronyism and queue jumping of the Government’s friends looking to make personal gain out of crisis.
- We’ve had over ten years of Conservative led cuts, complacency and cronyism
- The Conservative/Lib Dem coalition made enormous cuts to local authority and police services
- They boosted the profits of property developers who sold unsafe flats through the Help to Buy scheme
- The pandemic has exposed poor working conditions and job insecurity
- Social care and the need for safe affordable housing has been ignored
This has been one of the toughest years any of us can remember. North Somerset Labour have always put local people’s health and wellbeing first. But it’s you and your family that have made the real sacrifices and changes to your daily lives to keep friends and neighbours safe.
Labour wants to make Britain the best place to grow up and the best place to grow old – safe in our homes and on our streets. We’ve been through so much over the last year. Let’s work together to make a fairer, safer future for Portishead.”